Aberdeen Baptist Church Pak Kwong Kindergarten
2024/25 School Year Kindergarten (K1) Admission Application Information
Admission Notice School Commencement: Late August 2024
Enrolment Date: Whole year (Please Apply the 2024/25 Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission for Your Child in September and November 2023)
Classes Available: K1 children born from January to December of 2021, K2 and K3. For inquiries, please contact our school office at 2553 5750
Methods of Acquiring Application Form:
1. Please click the Download button to collect the 2024-2025 Admission Form, Parents Notice and Fee details starting from 1 September, 2023
2. Visit our school in person starting from 1 September, 2023 within working hours (Except Sunday and Public Holidays)
3. Download Year 2024-2025 Application Form starting from 1 September, 2023
Parents please fill in the application form and prepare the following document copies to our kindergarten or send to us by mail (For security please contact us after you have sent your child's application form)
1. Birth Certificate - One Photocopy
2. Health and Vaccination Record - One Photocopy
3. Two Photo (Approx. 3.5 x 4.5 cm, stuck on the Enrollment Form)
4. Four 110x220mm self-adhesive envelopes ( with enough paid stamps and return address written on it)
5. Enrollment fee of HK$40 (Cash/Cheque) (Payable to: Aberdeen Baptist Church Pak Kwong Kindergarten)
Submission Date: From 1 September to 7 November 2023 (Except Sundays & Public Holidays)
1. Under the Kindergarten Education Scheme (hereinafter referred to as the "Scheme"), every child who can receive education in Hong Kong will only be issued one registration document, while all kindergartens participating in the scheme can only admit children with valid registration documents.
2. Parents must apply for a " Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission " (hereinafter referred to as the "Registration Certificate") from the Education Bureau for their children from September to November 2023.The "Registration Certificate" will start accepting applications in September this year. At that time, the Education Bureau will announce the application details and will be posted on the Education Bureau's website (https://www.edb.gov.hk/k1-admission_tc ). If the applicant has provided all the required information and documents when submitting the application, the Education Bureau can generally complete the review within six to eight weeks and issue a "Registration Certificate" by post to applicants who are eligible to receive funding from the scheme. If a child can receive education in Hong Kong but is not eligible to receive funding from the scheme and fails to obtain a "registration certificate", the Bureau will issue a "Kindergarten Admission Permit" (hereinafter referred to as the "Admission Permit") for the child concerned. Children can register and enroll in participating kindergartens with the "Admission Permit", but their parents must pay the registered kindergarten the full tuition fee which is the amount before deducting the subsidy.
1. Interview performance
2. Priority is given to the applicants whose siblings who are currently studying in this school
3. If you apply for school places of whole-day class, applicants who need such services will be given priority
(Please note that due to the limitations of school place, not all applicants who meet the priority will be admitted.)
1. The school will arrange interviews with all children who apply for admission to the K1 class
2. The interviews will take place on November 11, 2023. The school will notify parents by post.
3. It will be an individual interview.
4. Parents must accompany their children to participate in the interview
5. If interpretation/translation services are needed in the interviews with non-Chinese speaking children, please contact our school at 2553 5750.The school also accepts non-Chinese-speaking parents to be accompanied by relatives or friends who understands Chinese to assist in communication.
Announcement of admission results:
The school will notify parents of the admission results by post before December 16, 2022.
4. The registration fee for the 2024/25 academic year is HKD$ 970 (half-day class)/HKD $1,570 (whole-day class). If the child is enrolled in the school, the school will refund the registration fee in September, but if the parent decides to transfer the child to the school after registration, please inform the school in writing. The school will return the "Registration Certificate"/"Admission Permit" as soon as possible, but the registration fee will not be refunded. After retrieving the "Registration Certificate"/"Admission Permit", the school will no longer retain the school place for the child.
School Address: 11 Reservoir Road, Aberdeen
Telephone: (852) 2553 5750
Fax: (852) 2870 1972
Profile of Kindergartens and Kindergarten-cum-Child Care Centres
Education Bureau "2024/2025 K1 Admission Arrangements"